R. Paxtian Cigars

Fine cigars, favorite drinks, what's your bag?
Moose
Site Admin

R. Paxtian Cigars

Post by Moose » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:48 pm

http://www.rpaxtian.com/EN/about-us.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The tradition of managing the art of growing and processing tobacco dates back from 1910, a century of experience inherited from Don Juan Rodríguez López, the founder of this cigar factory.

ImageImageImageImage

Made by a very old family in an old family way of growing tobacco, this cigar was recently introduced to me (Thank you Tez, you are a fine friend). My mental imagery I will try to convey to you all will by no means do this cigar justice but I will let you in on a very unknown (here in the states) cigar.

Made with a San Andreas wrapper, as anyone who smokes Mexican wrapper cigars knows- this is a wrapper that many manufacturers are trying to capture the essence of. Trying to find the right blend that people will love out of what is known as a much harsher tasting tobacco but makes a great addition to a few other leaves sometimes making a great blend of cigar.

Well, R. Paxtian Cigars nailed it with this blend. Let me start with the preparation of smoking this cigar.

I knew when I received it, and the others that when I smoke them I wanted to give them a completely unbiased and clean slate if you will so that I could really experience something that I usually don't get to with cigars made here in the U.S.

So, as a first smoke of the day with a clear and clean palette I started this cigar pictured. Right off the bat you can definitely tell there is a San Andreas wrapper involved. That being said, it was a very light San Andreas wrapper, in color anyway. Maybe shade grown? Not sure.
The cigar was lit with a soft flame lighter because I didn't want to use a torch and have it burning away any of the first of the foot of the cigar so I didn't miss anything from the very start. I kind of love a soft flame anyway.
So from the start you can taste the Mexican wrapper but it's a bit milder and reserved/refined Sand Andreas taste. I've had numerous San Andreas wrapper cigars that I like but this one tasted different. It was like a very nice, potent Sunday Smoke(Cuban Cigar). It had the power/strength of the Mexican leaf but was also blended very well with the binder and filler to give an incredible taste to the cigar.

This being the first one I smoked I was at work and didn't have a chance to snap pictures of it before, during and at the end.
It was an absolute treat to enjoy. The flavor was consistent throughout, the taste and experience was like I was smoking a Sunday Smoke. This was/is a cigar I will enjoy again with a fine Scotch, most likely the Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve. It's that good a cigar and both stick and drink would enhance each other by being enjoyed together.

More pics and ramblings about this cigar to come as I have time to enjoy them. Thanks very much Sir for an incredible experience, not just a cigar but an incredible experience.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/R-Paxtia ... 8508458325" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've Got Whispers Leg In A Jar
Take 5-10lbs of fat anywhere else on the female body, and we don't neccesarily like it.
Put a nipple on it, and we're a bunch of drooling, leg humpers

Live While You Can

Moose
Site Admin

Re: R. Paxtian Cigars

Post by Moose » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:51 pm

As you can tell from the pictures I posted the cigars have a very, very authentic hand rolled look and feel to them. I have to say the only other cigars I've ever known/seen like this have been Sunday Smokes. Very old world looking and very hand crafted feel. Very impressed with the quality and craftsmanship that went into rolling and blending these cigars.
Take 5-10lbs of fat anywhere else on the female body, and we don't neccesarily like it.

Live While You Can

tezcatlipoca
Fresh Meat

Post by tezcatlipoca » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:10 pm

My dear Moose!

It is a pleasure to read your oppinion about this cigar, let me tell to you that is a comercial cigar (one of the bests of this brand).
So I am really expectate for the time when you came for the specially ones made for me.
Like the maduro one, the perfecto doble figurado and the others that you cannot find in the comercial catalog from them.

It was a real pleasure share this with you.

Thank you very much for dedicate the time and give it a chanse to this little affection sample.

Regards

Moose
Site Admin

Post by Moose » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:58 pm

tezcatlipoca wrote:My dear Moose!

It is a pleasure to read your oppinion about this cigar, let me tell to you that is a comercial cigar (one of the bests of this brand).
So I am really expectate for the time when you came for the specially ones made for me.
Like the maduro one, the perfecto doble figurado and the others that you cannot find in the comercial catalog from them.

It was a real pleasure share this with you.

Thank you very much for dedicate the time and give it a chanse to this little affection sample.

Regards
No, thank you. I would otherwise not have had the opportunity to try this. Thanks very much. I look very forward to trying the others.

Live While You Can